Australian State of Hydrogen Report 2021 showcases huge national potential
Australia is on track to become a world leader in the production and export of clean hydrogen by 2030
The report is a snapshot of Australia’s progress towards building a clean hydrogen industry since the National Hydrogen Strategy was launched in 2019.
Building a hydrogen industry will help us cut carbon emissions, create thousands of new jobs and boost economic activity in regional areas.
The report shows that:
- Australia is making significant progress on the priority actions of the National Hydrogen Strategy
- we have a world-leading pipeline of clean hydrogen projects
- the hydrogen industry is gaining global momentum, with Australia keeping up with and exceeding the pace of other countries
- strong cooperation between Australian governments, industry and international partners will help us become a world leader in hydrogen.
The report also highlights the challenges facing the emerging hydrogen industry in Australia and around the world. These include:
- building demand
- achieving low-cost production at scale
- reducing delivery costs.