Have your say on Hydrogen Headstart at online consultation forum
The Australian government is investing $2b in the Hydrogen Headstart program and need your feedback.
The Australian government is investing $2b in the Hydrogen Headstart program to:
- accelerate development of Australia’s hydrogen industry,
- catalyse clean energy industries, and
- help Australia connect to new global hydrogen supply chains, to take advantage of hydrogen’s immense jobs and investment potential.
ARENA and the Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water (DCCEEW) will be hosting an information webinar on Monday 24 July, 2023 at 2.30 pm. This is a chance for industry and stakeholders to contribute to the design of the Hydrogen Headstart Program in real time.
To register for the webinar, go here.
Other options for feedback
ARENA and DCCEEW have published a consultation paper outlining indicative specifications for the program. The consultation paper covers proposed objectives, eligibility criteria and detail regarding the proposed funding mechanism, as well as other features of the program.
To have your say:
- Read the consultation paper and complete the corresponding online survey.
- If relevant, provide a written response to Appendix B in the online survey, noting the details of any hydrogen project(s) you are currently developing that may seek support under the Hydrogen Headstart program. Responses provided will be used to assist with the development and design of the program.
- If you would like to comment on other design considerations not raised in this paper, upload your written response via this portal or, email email@example.com or, raise directly during the consultation session.
The consultation period will close on Thursday 3 August 2023.
Respondents who wish for their comments to be treated as confidential should note this in their submissions. We may publish all or part of any non-confidential submissions it receives. Please note that information from responses will be shared with other parts of Government including ARENA, even if marked as confidential, to inform the development of the Hydrogen Headstart program.