A Practical Guide to Hydrogen and Carbon Capture & Storage Technology
The course aims to provide a practical guide to enable companies to make informed decisions and plans based on the real opportunities that are emerging as the global CCS sector develops.
Key Learning Outcomes & Case Studies Include
- What is carbon capture and storage?
- Carbon capture by emission sources and fundamental approaches: pre- and postcombustion, oxyfuel, industrial processes
- Overview of current technologies applied (how to remove the CO2 from process streams, solvents, amines)
- Evaluation of technologies: techno-commercial (including licensors)
- Cost structure, learning curves: challenges and opportunities
- CCS business models, CO2 pricing and negative emissions
- CCS projects – overview, discussion and deep dives into case studies
- H+CCS and other paths in the energy transition
- Policy and regulatory perspectives – global initiatives and national nuances