EEC Industrial Decarbonisation Summit
A successful transition to net zero in industry requires ambition, commitment and fresh thinking. This is why in 2024, the Energy Efficiency Council is launching the Industrial Decarbonisation Summit.
Taking place at the UNSW Roundhouse in Sydney on 14 May 2024 – the day before the EEC National Conference – this full day of plenaries and workshops will examine the task of industrial decarbonisation from all angles. With a particular focus on energy intensive businesses not covered by existing policies, the Summit will cover:
- The overarching task of industrial decarbonisation in Australia, and the specific challenges facing particular subsectors and regions;
- The latest technologies and practices driving industrial emissions reduction from Australia and around the world;
- The business frameworks and processes that can enable emissions reduction, including data and analytics, energy management systems and net zero transition planning; and
- The policies and programs needed to raise ambition and build momentum for the transition.
The Summit will also bring together Australia’s leading experts on emissions reduction in industry, including:
- the technical experts that support industry to manage energy and carbon;
- the policymakers shaping emissions reduction policies and incentives;
- the researchers, think tanks and peak bodies mapping the emissions reduction pathways for Aussie industry; and
- the manufacturers and food processors leading the charge on decarbonisation.
With the right people in the room, the Summit will help the build momentum we need for renewed focus and effort on industrial decarbonisation.